Monday, November 19, 2012

Visiting Israeli Artists at UMass Lowell

Last week I had the pleasure of working with two artists, Esther Yaloz and Lital Gold, from Israel that attended the same school.  They both now live and work here in the United States, one in upstate New York and the other in Philadelphia.  Both work in the textile industry as designers.



 They came to our school as a part of a larger group of faculty and students from their home school to work with our students.  So Lital and Esther had my students create stencils that were used to help create a 'wreath' printed with inks and paint markers onto some rough cut wood I had kicking around the house cut to roughly 8 x 10 inch dimensions.











The stencils created by my students were placed over stencils Lital and Esther created and were pieced together in a wreath orientation.  The students enjoyed getting a little dirty in class and saw how layering could make for some great results.  Now that the pieces have been printed, I will be trimming them and puling the entire wreath together a little bit more to be displayed in an exhibition at school.

It was a pleasure to work with Lital and Esther.  They both inspired my students and myself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment