Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to a blog that I have been thinking about for a long time.  I always thought New Hampshire art should be lifted out of the granite quarries of regionalism and so here is my attempt to shed some light on the fantastic art being created by so many talented artists that call New Hampshire their home.  I will attempt to highlight galleries, museums and artists' studios from around the state as well as keep us Granite Staters informed on what the rest of the art world is thinking with links and other tidbits that I may come across.
As an artist myself, I will, from time to time, share with you my thoughts, trials and mis-steps in art, show you some of the work I am making and keep you abreast of some of my travels.  For instance, this June I will be traveling with my family to London and Paris, so expect lots of pictures and lots of thoughts on the state of art in these two great cities.  Then, as I have for the past two summers, I will be living in Beckett, Massachusetts, in the heart of the Berkshires, working as the art director at a summer camp.  While there, I will share with you the joys of creating art in this joyous atmosphere.
So, without further adieu, here it is.  I hope you enjoy it and please drop me a note to let me know about an opening, a must see artist, or just to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment